Thursday 17 July 2014

Saved for the Nation




In "Bye Bye and All the Best" 10 June 2014 I wrote:
"Readers of this blog know that I am a Kundi fan. She started her career at Northern Ballet and I have followed her from there to Ballet Black and then on to MurleyDance. A journey that introduced me to new companies, new dancers and new choreographers who are now among my favourites. Kundi is on the move again this time to Victor Ullate in Spain."
Of course, I was delighted for her but sad to see her go so far.  On Tuesday I tweeted
I added
But you know what, I don't have to bother because Sarah Kundi has joined English National Ballet (see "English National Ballet Announces Promotions and New Joiners" 17 July 2014 ENB Blog) and her picture and profile are already on the company's website.

As you can imagine I am over the moon and so are many other people, particularly in the North where she started her career.  Meanwhile, enjoy this pas de deux.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations also to Junor Souza and Shiori Kase on their promotions, both of them are exceptionally talented dancers!

    ReplyDelete