Tuesday 20 January 2015

Cafe 164 to screen "First Position"





After Annemarie's class at Northern Ballet her students slip round the corner for a cup of tea at Café 164 on Duke Street. Their teas are the best I have so far tasted in Leeds though I am told their coffee is even better and their toasted sandwiches are delicious. My favourites are the Moroccan mint and chicken and chorizo  I dance with a remarkable group of ladies all of whom seem to have achieved so much and lived such interesting lives. We chat for hours.

The café is located in Munro House which also contains a gallery. And in this gallery they show films. One of those films is First Position which is where Michaela DePrince came to the public's attention. I've had the pleasure of seeing her dance on two occasions. On the first of those occasions I wrote:
"She is quite simply the most exciting dancer I have seen for quite a while"
(see  The Junior Company of the Dutch National Ballet - Stadsshouwburg Amsterdam 24 Nov 2013 26 Nov 2013).

The film will be shown at 19:00 on 2 April 2015 and tickets cost £5. I am looking forward to it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment