Friday 5 June 2015

Wheeldon in Amsterdam and the Dutch National Ballet in London




I mentioned the Dutch National Ballet's triple bill Cool Britannia in Cool Britannia - in Amsterdam on 16 April 2015. The company has just uploaded this fascinating video of the choreographer Christopher Wheeldon's working with the dancers who will perform his ballet this month. I am flying out to Amsterdam to see the show on the 27 June and will report back shortly afterwards.

Meanwhile Ernst Meisner and his wonderful Junior Company of the Dutch National Ballet are at the Linbury today and tomorrow. Joanna Goodman and I will be in their audience tomorrow. They will perform Ballet Classics and Modern Masters which I saw in February (see my review The Dutch National Ballet Junior Company's best Performance yet 8 Feb 2015). Last year I noted quite a difference between the company's opening show in Amsterdam and its show in London. Their show last February was magnificent so I am expecting great things tomorrow.

On my awayday to London for the trade mark attorneys' party yesterday I noticed posters for the Dutch National Ballet's Cinderella in every tube station. This is another Wheeldon ballet which is coming to the Wells next month (see The Dutch National Ballet are coming to London 2 May 2015). Needless to say I shall be seeing that too. So you can expect to hear a lot form me about this great company over the next

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for share this post .
    we can see lots of links in this blog for ballet .
    its really perfect for ballet lover's



    Ballet fitness | Ballet Be Fit
    Ballet fitness classes | Getting fit using ballet

    ReplyDelete