Friday 3 July 2015

Please don't bring TOO MANY rotten eggs or tomatoes

Tomorrow, for three and a half glorious minutes, I shall forget I am one of these:



















And I shall pretend that I am one of those:

The corps de ballet in Swan Lake
Photo  Paata Vardnashvili
Source Wikipedia























I am dancing at the Stanley and Audrey Burton Theatre in Leeds on the same stage that my favourite dancers from Northern Ballet, Ballet Black, MurleyDance and so many other companies have graced. Just think. My feet will tread where Kenneth Tindall, Cira Robinson, Damian Johnson and Sarah Kundi and all the other stars in my firmament have trod. The thrill will be for me what opening the batting for Yorkshire at Headingley would be like for a Sunday cricketer.

I am taking part in Northern Ballet Academy's End of Year show.  All the classes at the Academy will be represented from tiny tots to old crocks. There are so many of us that there will be four performances with four separate casts. Ours takes place at 16:30 and our class (the over 55s) will appear at about 17:15. If you come to our show you will see some really talented young people as well as us. This is what Mel wrote about us last year (The Dance DID go on - Northern Ballet Academy Show 2014 29 June 2014). And this is how it felt to dance with them last year (see The Time of my Life 28 June 2015).

Our instructor and choreographer, Annemarie Donoghue, has chosen some lovely music for us. She has created a dance that covers some of the exercises that we have learned in class this year. Gita will review the show for Terpsichore. The house is pretty full but there may still be some tickets if you call the box office on 0113 220 8000.

No comments:

Post a Comment