Thursday 6 August 2015

Northern Ballet's Recruits

Northern Ballet has just recruited 10 new dancers (see Lauren Godfrey Introducing our new dancers 3 Aug 2015).

The following go straight into the corps: Jenny HackwellNatalia KernerKaylee MarkoArchie Sullivan, and Alexander Yap.  Diego Barbosa, Paris Fitzpatrick, Genevieve Heron, Harriet Marden and Grace Robinson are apprentices. I am sure I speak for everyone in wishing them well.

It is strange to think of the company without Kenneth Tindall but all my other favourites remain and it is good to see Rachael Gillespie, Isaac Lee Baker and Abigail Prudames doing well.

This will be an interesting season with Jonathan Watkins's 1984 (see Für Andrea - more Information on 1984 25 July 2015 and Nixon's Swan Lake with its original story line. I saw it some years ago and while I admired the choreography I couldn't accept the tinkering with a well loved narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment