Thursday 17 March 2016

Thank you Ernst!

Dutch National Ballet, Junior Company, "No Time Before Time"
Photo Michel Schnater
(c) 2016 Dutch National Ballet, all rights reserved
Reproduced with kind permission of the company




















I hate panning a show because I know how much work goes into it. Especially when I know and love the company. So now I am going to write something nice. Not than just nice. I'm going to 

ENTHUSE 

just like the chaps in the photo who are members of Ernst Meisner's Junior Company.

Here they are dancing in Ernst Meisner's No Time Before Time which I saw on my birthday (see Ballet Bubbles  16 Feb 2016). Takes my mind off another ballet that I first saw on my birthday in 2004.

No Time Before Time was premièred at the finals of the Grand Prix of Lausanne. If you click on this link and run the cursor to 1:43:52 / 2:37:55 and you will find a recording of that first performance. It is worth looking at the reverence at the end of the show where each of the dancers is presented with a flower and Ernst get's a bouquet. Regard the grin on his face. He looks so proud and he has every right to be because his young dancers are brilliant.

The surname of one of his dancers is Superfine. Now isn't that an appropriate name for such a talented artist.

Clara Suerfine in No Time Before Time
Photo Michel Schnater
(c) 2016 Dutch National Ballet, all rights reserved
Reproduced with kind permission of the company




























However, all those dancers are super and they are all fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment